Posted September 1, 2020 at 3:42:00 AM CDT
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO
8 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Heat index values from 105 to 109 degrees expected.
* WHERE...Southeast Texas and portions of Southwest Louisiana.
* WHEN...From 10 AM to 8 PM CDT Tuesday.
* TEMPERATURE...91 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Impacts...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses, especially where power outages have occurred.
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned
room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and
Take extra precautions, if you work or spend time outside.
When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning
or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work, the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome
by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat
stroke is an emergency, call 9 1 1.