This product covers Florida Keys
**Tropical Storm and Storm Surge Warnings Have Been Cancelled**
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
- The Storm Surge Warning and Tropical Storm Warning have been
cancelled for Monroe Lower Keys, Monroe Middle Keys, and Monroe
* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS:
* STORM INFORMATION:
- About 300 miles north of Key West FL or about 300 miles
north-northwest of Marathon FL or about 290 miles
north-northwest of Key Largo FL
- 28.9N 82.6W
- Storm Intensity 75 mph
- Movement North-northwest or 340 degrees at 18 mph
Hurricane Irma has moved well north of the region and significant impacts
associated with the system for the area have diminished and all warnings
have been cancelled for the Florida Keys.
A reasonable worst case scenario is for storm surge values of 1 to
2 feet above ground is still possible in portions of the Florida Keys
through the morning hours.
Monitor media outlets in Miami for information released from local emergency
Potential impacts from the main surge event are now unfolding across
the Keys. Remain well away from locally hazardous surge having
additional impacts. If realized, these impacts include:
- Localized inundation with storm surge flooding mainly along
immediate shorelines and in low-lying spots, or in areas
farther inland near where higher surge waters move ashore.
- Sections of shoreline roads and parking lots overspread with
surge water. Driving conditions dangerous in places where surge
water covers the road.
- Moderate beach erosion.
- Minor to locally moderate damage to marinas, docks, boardwalks,
and piers. A few small craft broken away from moorings.
Elsewhere across Florida Keys, little to no impact is anticipated.
Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time
across Florida Keys.
* OTHER PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION:
* ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION:
- For information on appropriate preparations see ready.gov
- For information on creating an emergency plan see getagameplan.org
- For additional disaster preparedness information see redcross.org
- For Florida Division of Emergency Management information, seefloridadisaster.org
- For Monroe County Emergency Management information, seemonroecountyem.com/index.aspx?NID=1
- For Monroe County evacuation information, seemonroecountyem.com/index.aspx?NID=255
- For information on shelters located outside of Monroe County, seemonroecountyem.com/index.aspx?nid=122
- For Monroe County shelter information, seemonroecountyem.com/index.aspx?nid=121
As it pertains to this event...this will be the last local statement
issued by the National Weather Service in Key West FL regarding the
effects of tropical cyclone hazards upon the area.