Posted 4 days ago
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM AKDT THIS
* WHAT...Blizzard conditions occurring. Additional snow
accumulations of 3 to 5 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.
Visibilities reduced to one quarter mile.
* WHERE...Pribilof Islands.
* WHEN...Until 10 AM AKDT this morning.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Widespread blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility. Drifting snow
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Temperatures will warm from south to north
this morning. Precipitation will change to rain at St. George,
ending blizzard conditions there earlier than St. Paul. Snow
will mix with or transition to all rain by late morning across
the entire area, resulting in rapidly improving visibility.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions, making travel very hazardous. If you must travel,
have a winter survival kit with you.If you get stranded, stay
with your vehicle.