Noreaster to impact the Tri-state area this weekend.
Blizzard Watch remains in effect from Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.
- Locations: the five boroughs of New York City, coastal portions of Northeast New Jersey, and Long Island.
- Hazard types: Heavy snow along with strong and potentially damaging winds.
- Accumulations: snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
- Winds: northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Isolated gusts to 60 mph are possible near the immediate coast.
- Temperatures: in the upper 20s.
- Visibilities: one quarter mile or less at times.
- Timing: Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.
- Impacts: extremely dangerous travel due to heavy snowfall and strong winds with Whiteout conditions likely. Secondary and tertiary roads may become impassable. Strong winds may down power lines and tree limbs.