Heavy snow tapers of this morning from west to east but some blowing and drifting snow will continue into the afternoon.
Ocean effect snow showers with are possible across portions of the Cape and Nantucket into this afternoon.
Bitterly cold wind chills through tonight.
Wind Chill Advisory now in effect until 9 am EST Saturday.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 10 am EST this morning.
- Locations: portions of eastern Massachusetts.
- Hazard types: Heavy snow along with blowing and drifting snow. Bitterly cold wind chills.
- Accumulations: Total snow accumulation of 10 to 18 inches.
- Timing: Heavy snow will taper off the snow showers By late morning and end by afternoon.
- Impacts: travel will be difficult early this morning but conditions should improve later in the morning as snow tapers off across the region. However, blowing and drifting snow will continue into the afternoon.
- Winds: north 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Wind Chill readings, as low as 15 below.
- Precautionary/preparedness actions.