Wind Chill Advisory for Massachusetts
Bitterly cold temperatures and wind chills into mid morning.
Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST this morning.
- Locations: southern New Hampshire and most of Massachusetts along and north of the Mass Pike.
- Hazard types: bitterly cold wind chills.
- Timing: into mid morning.
- Winds: northwest 5 to 10 mph.
- Wind Chill readings, as low as 24 below.
- Impacts: dangerously cold wind chills will result in a risk of frostbite on exposed flesh.
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST THIS
* LOCATIONS...SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND MOST OF MASSACHUSETTS
ALONG AND NORTH OF THE MASS PIKE.
* HAZARD TYPES...BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS.
* TIMING...INTO MID MORNING.
* WINDS...NORTHWEST 5 TO 10 MPH.
* WIND CHILL READINGS...AS LOW AS 24 BELOW.
* IMPACTS...DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND CHILLS WILL RESULT IN A RISK
OF FROSTBITE ON EXPOSED FLESH.
A Wind Chill Advisory is issued when the wind chill index is likely to reach -15 to -24 degrees for at least 3 hours.
Frostbite can develop in just 30 minutes with a wind chill Index of -20. If you are heading outdoors, dress in layers and wear a hat and gloves.
LIKELY TO REACH -15 TO -24 DEGREES FOR AT LEAST 3 HOURS.
FROSTBITE CAN DEVELOP IN JUST 30 MINUTES WITH A WIND CHILL INDEX
OF -20. IF YOU ARE HEADING OUTDOORS...DRESS IN LAYERS AND WEAR A
HAT AND GLOVES.