Posted 294 days ago – National Weather Service
Bitterly cold temperatures and wind chills into mid morning.
Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST this morning.
- Locations: southern New Hampshire and most of Massachusetts along and north of the Mass Pike.
- Hazard types: bitterly cold wind chills.
- Timing: into mid morning.
- Winds: northwest 5 to 10 mph.
- Wind Chill readings, as low as 24 below.
- Impacts: dangerously cold wind chills will result in a risk of frostbite on exposed flesh.
A Wind Chill Advisory is issued when the wind chill index is likely to reach -15 to -24 degrees for at least 3 hours.
Frostbite can develop in just 30 minutes with a wind chill Index of -20. If you are heading outdoors, dress in layers and wear a hat and gloves.