Blizzard Warning for Northern Maine
Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 7 pm EST this evening.
A Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 7 pm EST this evening.
- Storm total accumulations, 17 to 22 inches of snow.
- Timing: through this evening.
- Winds: north 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Visibilities: one quarter of a mile or less.
- Precipitation type: Heavy snow with extreme blowing and drifting snow.
- Impacts: Heavy snow and strong winds will create dangerous traveling conditions. Blowing snow will frequently cause Whiteout conditions. Drifting will be extreme, upwards to 4 to 10 ft.
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS
A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING.
* STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS...17 TO 22 INCHES OF SNOW.
* TIMING...THROUGH THIS EVENING.
* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.
* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER OF A MILE OR LESS.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE...HEAVY SNOW WITH EXTREME BLOWING AND
* IMPACTS...HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUS
TRAVELING CONDITIONS. BLOWING SNOW WILL FREQUENTLY CAUSE
WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. DRIFTING WILL BE EXTREME...UPWARDS TO 4 TO
Travel is not recommended. Stay tuned to NOAA weather radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.weather.gov/car.
YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FOR THE LATEST
UPDATES. ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUND AT