High Wind Warning for New Jersey
This alert expired on Oct 30, 2012 6:00 PM EDT
Alert area: Eastern Passaic; Western Bergen; Western Essex; Western Passaic; Western Union
Posted Oct 30, 2012 12:09 AM EDT
High Wind Warning remains in effect until 6 pm EDT Tuesday.
- Locations: interior Northeast New Jersey and the Lower Hudson Valley.
- Hazards: damaging winds of long duration.
- Winds: southeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
- Timing: through Tuesday afternoon. Strongest winds are expected overnight.
- Impacts: damaging winds are still expected. Winds will be capable of Downing trees and snapping off large tree branches. Power outages could be widespread and last at least several days. Debris will block some roads. Most poorly anchored mobile homes will be damaged. Other homes may have damage to shingles, siding. Gutters and windows, especially if these items are not properly secured. Loose outdoor items will become airborne. Causing additional damage and possible injury. Windows in High rise buildings could be broken by flying debris.
Is this page useful for you?
Let us know how it can be improved.