Wind Chill Warning now in effect until 4 am EST Wednesday.
Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 6 am EST Wednesday.
- Locations: Erie County, Genesee and Wyoming counties. Especially along a line from Buffalo to Batavia and points southward.
- Timing: through late tonight.
- Hazards: Heavy snow and blowing snow. Dangerous cold wind chills.
- Snow accumulations: 7 to 14 inches today, and 3 to 6 inches tonight, leading to storm totals of more than 3 feet in the most persistent Lake snows.
- Winds: southwest 20 to 30 mph. Frequent gusts to 40 mph.
- Visibilities: as low as a quarter mile at times.
- Wind Chill values: as low as 25 below.
- Impacts: travel conditions will be extremely difficult to near impossible through tonight with snow covered roads and frequent Whiteout conditions due to heavy lake effect snow along with considerable blowing and drifting snow. Roadways may become impassable for a period of time. Numerous roadways are or will be closed through today. Dangerously cold wind chills will pose a risk for frost bite and hypothermia for anyone outside for even very short periods of time. This is a Life- threatening cold for those not in shelter.