Flash Flood Warning for Western North Carolina
The National Weather Service in Greenville-spartanburg has issued a Flash Flood Warning for: Buncombe County in western North Carolina. Henderson County in western North Carolina.
- Until 8:30 pm EST.
- At 5:21 pm EST, local law enforcement officials reported a few areas of high water and stream out of their banks, especially across Greater Hendersonville, and in eastern Buncombe County, in the Reems Creek and black mountain areas.
- Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause flash flooding to occur. Some locations that will experience flooding include: Downtown Asheville, Hendersonville, Asheville Mall, Avery Creek, Barnardsville, Bat Cave, Biltmore Forest, Black Mountain, Edneyville, Etowah, Fairview, Flat Rock, Fletcher. I-26 at I-40, Mountain Home, Swannanoa, unc Asheville. Weaverville and Woodfin.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A
* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...
BUNCOMBE COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...
HENDERSON COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...
* UNTIL 830 PM EST
* AT 521 PM EST...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS REPORTED A FEW AREAS
OF HIGH WATER AND STREAM OUT OF THEIR BANKS...ESPECIALLY ACROSS
GREATER HENDERSONVILLE...AND IN EASTERN BUNCOMBE COUNTY...IN THE
REEMS CREEK AND BLACK MOUNTAIN AREAS.
* RUNOFF FROM THIS EXCESSIVE RAINFALL WILL CAUSE FLASH FLOODING TO
OCCUR. SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...
DOWNTOWN ASHEVILLE...HENDERSONVILLE...ASHEVILLE MALL...AVERY
CREEK...BARNARDSVILLE...BAT CAVE...BILTMORE FOREST...BLACK
I-26 AT I-40...MOUNTAIN HOME...SWANNANOA...UNC ASHEVILLE...
WEAVERVILLE AND WOODFIN.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross safely.
To Report High water, flooding, mudslides, landslides or other severe weather, call toll free. (800) 267-8101, and leave a message explaining the event and the approximate address where it occurred.
ROADWAY. THE WATER DEPTH MAY BE TOO GREAT TO ALLOW YOUR CAR TO CROSS
TO REPORT HIGH WATER...FLOODING...MUDSLIDES...LANDSLIDES OR OTHER
SEVERE WEATHER...CALL TOLL FREE... 1...800...2 6 7...8 1 0 1...AND
LEAVE A MESSAGE EXPLAINING THE EVENT AND THE APPROXIMATE ADDRESS
WHERE IT OCCURRED.