Posted 220 days ago – National Weather Service
Lake Effect Snow Advisory remains in effect until 10 am EST this morning.
- Locations: The snow belt of northern Warren and Mckean counties.
- Hazard types: lake effect snow showers.
- Accumulations: 2 to 4 inches of snow, mainly right along the New York border.
- Timing: lake effect snow bands will drift south into the region this morning. The snow showers will become less organized and light later this morning.
- Impacts: hazardous travel due to snow covered roads and areas of low visibility.
- Winds: west 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Visibilities: below a mile in the heavier snow bands.
Hazardous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Use caution if planning to travel. For the latest weather information, go to weather.gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Please report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service State College by sending an email to Ctp. STORMREPORTS@NOAA. Gov. Posting to the nws State College Facebook page, or tweet @NWSSTATECOLLEGE with the Hashtag #CTPWX.